25/05/2010 (S.L.S.Picks) – Colombo Stock Market was down for the second consecutive day today for this week. There were renewed buying interest on selected stocks & the improved quarterly reports published by the listed companies for the JAN – MARCH 2010 quarter (Three months) may have lifted the investor attention.
LOLC today announced that they have purchased 3.1m.n. Shares or 43.3% of in Confifi Hotel Holdings @ Rs 210/ share & purchased 20% of Riverina Hotels @ Rs 110 /share.
Foreign participation was at moderate levels. Foreigners remain as net sellers for the day by Rs 372m.n Foreigners purchased Rs 606m.n. worth of shares & sold shares worth of Rs978m.n.for the day.
Stores & Suppliers sector rose by 4.36% due to share price increase in Colombo Pharmacy, followed by Health Care sector. IT sector was heading sector the negative performers list.
There were 55 positive contributors as against 82 negative contributors for the day.
- RICHARD PIERIS Co. PLC First & Final Dividend of Rs 1.00 /share
- WATAWALA PLANTATIONS PLC Final dividend of Rs 2.75/share
- AITKEN SPENCE PLC Final dividend of Rs 6.50 /share
- KOTAGALA PLANTATIONS PLC First & Final dividend of Rs 3.00 /share
- AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC First & Final dividend of Rs 1.50 /share
- NAWALOKA HOSPITALS PLC Interim Dividend of Rs 0.05 /share
- There were several large Crossings took place today including the purchased of stakes in Confifi Hotel Holdings & Riverina Hotels by the LOLC.
- Apart from this there were large crossings in Commercial Bank Of Ceylon @ Rs 246.00 & Janashakthi Insurance @ Rs 14.00 & Fortress Resorts @ Rs 20.00 share.
- All most all the other crossings took placed were for Blue chip companies listed in Colombo Stock Exchange.
- Colombo Stock Market will bounce back from negative territory sooner than later after completing the debt clearing operations by the brokering firms.
- Richard Pieris
- Janashakthi Insurance
- Housing Development & Finance
data - www.cse.lk