26/05/2010 (S.L.S.Picks) – Sri Lanka stock Market was up after several days of negative trading on Back of bargain hunting for Hotel stocks & growth stocks by the retail investors & high net worth individuals.
All share price index was up by 24.50 points to close at 4250.99 & more liquid Millanka index was up by 39.57 points to close at 4761.35
Turnover for the day was healthy Rs 1.0b.n on back of buying interest by Retail investors, High net worth individuals, & Institutional investors.
Foreigners were net sellers for the day today where they purchased shares to the tune of Rs 73m.n. & sold shares to the tune of Rs 139m.n. reflecting a net foreign out flow of Rs 66m.n.
IT sector rose by 6.09% & was the leading sector among all sectors for the day due to price appreciation of E channeling company, followed by Power & Energy sector. The leading negative performing sector for the day was Plantation sector.
There were 84 gainers as against 53 negative performing counters.
- JOHN KEELLS PLC declared First & Final dividend of Rs 10.00 /share
- TRANS ASIA HOTELS PLC declared First and Final Dividend of Rs 2.00 /share
- TEA SMALLHOLDER FACTORIES PLC declared First and Final Dividend of Rs 8.00 /share
- CEYLON HOSPITALS PLC declared Interim Dividend of Rs 1.50 /share
- LANKA TILES PLC declared Second Interim Dividend of Rs 2.50 /share
- Hemas Holdings PLC declared a subdivision - (One (01) existing ordinary share to be sub divided in to Five (05) ordinary shares)
- Confifi Holdings advanced by massive 46.54% to close at Rs 318.00 up by Rs 101.00 for the day following the purchase of 43.3% stake by LOLC company.
- Market bounced back strongly at the end of the trading session since most of debt clearing operations by brokering firms were completed before the month end of May 31.
- Buying interest was once again visible in the counters of GREG family.
- Hemas Holdings a share which has not moved up during recent past has announced a subdivision of 01 share in to 05. This will give the investors much needed boost to collect this share at this price levels which has diversified interest in several fields.
- Janashakthi Insurance
- Richard Pieris
- Hemas Holdings
- Namal Acuity Value Fund
- Seylan Bank X
data - www.cse.lk