18/05/2010 (S.L.S.Picks) – Colombo Stock Market was up today despite heavy rains & floods reported most parts of the country. There were renewed buying interest on selected stocks & the improved quarterly reports published by the listed companies for the JAN – MARCH 2010 quarter (Three months) may have lifted the investor interest.
All Share Price index was up by 15.18 points to close at 4257.67 & the Millanka Price Index was up by substantial 38.07 points to close at 4822.65 points.
Turnover for the day was healthy Rs 2.0b.n. Well supported by the retail investors, High Net Worth individuals, & Institutional investors.
Foreign participation was at moderate levels. Foreigners remain as net sellers for the day by Rs 90m.n Foreigners purchased Rs 803m.n. worth of shares & sold shares worth of Rs 896m.n.for the day.
Footware & Textile sector rose by 3.59% due to share price increase in Ceylon Leather, followed by Investment Trust sector. Oil Palm sector was heading sector the negative performers list.
There were 64 positive contributors as against 75 negative contributors for the day.
- CDIC Final Dividend of Rs 2.25 /share
- Hayleys Final dividend of Rs 2.00/share
- Today we noticed renewed buying interest for the Environmental Resources Shares / Warrants & Shares of Ceylon Leather Products.
- Asian Hotels & Properties & Trans Asia hotels coming under John Keels Holdings umbrella traded at improved price levels. AHOT up by Rs 6.75 to close at Rs 152.00 & Trans Asia was up by Rs 9.25 to close at Rs 235.00, together with John Keels hotels up by 25 cents to close at Rs 20.00.
- There was a large crossing in Commercial Bank Of Ceylon @ Rs 246.00
- Richard Pieris
- Janashakthi Insurance
- Grain Elevators
- Housing Development & Finance