Turnover was healthy & reported exactly Rs 1.0 b.n. led by retail buying on mid cap counters ,special attention was given to the Plantation sector shares as the counter expect to perform very well in the future on back of improved prices fetched in the world market for Tea Rubber & Oil Palm. This was covered by our Plantation report 0n 30/01/2010.
We are proud of our selves as we are the first to report value of investing in Plantation companies rather than going for heated overvalued counters.
Foreign participation was at a very low level. Foreigners bought Rs 72 m.n. worth of shares & sold Rs 104 m.n. worth of shares. Net foreign out flow for the day was Rs 32 m.n.
There were 86 gainers as against 61 losers.
TOP FIVE GAINERS FOR THE DAY TOP FIVE LOSERS FOR THE DAY
LARGE TRADES FOR THE DAY
CROSSINGS FOR THE DAY
Today's top five gainers list was represented by three stocks mentioned by SRI LANKA STOCK PICKS
through our exclusive "CSE RUMOR" report.
* Today we saw large quantities of MASK [1.7 m.n.]& RICH [2.0 m.n.] shares changing hands.
*Apart for the top five large trades, a large quantity of C.W.Mackie shares changing hands today. Share price of this company may reached record levels withing a very short period due to following reasons.
- Now the company shares are highly illiquid.[Lankem ceylon ,kotagala plantations,Dr. senthiverl owns more than 90% of the company]
- Largest exportero of natural rubber,desiccated coconut in Sri Lanka.
- Improved performance to continue in future as well.
- Valuble land base.
- Producers of Scan water bottles & Sun quick brand.