Thursday, December 24, 2009

OIL IS TRADING ABOVE $75 - BARREL

SINGAPORE (AP) — Oil prices rose to near $75 a barrel Wednesday in Asia after a report showed US crude inventories fell last week and a jump in housing sales suggested the world’s biggest economy is picking up speed.

Benchmark crude for February delivery was up 36 cents to $74.76 at late afternoon Singapore time in electronic trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

The contract rose 68 cents to settle at $74.40 on Tuesday after the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries said the 12-nation cartel won’t change production quotas, a move widely expected by investors. OPEC leaders called on group members to adhere more closely to current quotas and reduce cheating.

Prices were boosted by signs U.S. oil demand may be picking up. U.S. crude inventories fell more than expected last week, the American Petroleum Institute said late Tuesday. Crude stocks fell 3.7 million barrels while analysts had expected a drop of 2.0 million barrels, according to a survey by Platts, the energy information arm of McGraw-Hill Cos.

The Energy Department’s Energy Information Administration plans to announce its inventory report later Wednesday.

News that November home resales jumped 7.4 percent, above a forecast 2.5 percent, also supported the case for stronger crude demand in the U.S.

In other Nymex trading in January contracts, heating oil rose 1.04 cents to $1.96 while gasoline gained 0.87 cent to $1.90. Natural gas fell 4.5 cents to $5.67 per 1,000 cubic feet.

In London, Brent crude for February delivery rose 46 cents to $73.92 on the ICE Futures exchange.

source - www.island.lk

GOOD  TIME AHEAD FOR RUBBER PLANTATION  COMPANIES

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'M NOW FULFILL FINANCIALLY BECAUSE OF THE LOAN I GOT FROM LFDS .I would like to bring this to the notice of the public about how i came in contact with Mr Benjamin after i lost my job and being denied loan by my bank and other financial institution due to my credit score. I could not pay my children's fees. I was behind on bills, about to be thrown out of the house due to my inability to pay my rent, It was during this period my kids were taken from me by foster care. Then i set out to seek for funds online where i lost $3,670 that i borrowed from friends which i was rip off by two online loan companies. Until i read about:loan online (247officedept@gmail.com) somewhere on the internet, Still wasn't convince because of what i have been through until a relative of mine who is a clergy also told me about the ongoing loan scheme  at a very low interest rate of 1.9%% and lovely repayment terms without penalty for default of payment. I have no choice than to also contact them which i did through text +1-989-394-3740 and Mr Benjamin responded back to me That day was the I'M best and greatest day of my life which can never be forgotten when i receive a credit alert of $400,000.00 Usd loan amount i applied for. I utilized the loan effectively to pay up my debts and to start up a business and today i and my kids are so happy and fulfill. You can as well contact them through email: (247officedept@gmail.com)  WhatsApptext  helpline: +1-989-394-3740 Why am i doing this? I am doing this to save as many that are in need of a loan not to be victim of scams on the internet. Thanks and God bless you all, I'm Oleksander Artem from Horizon Park BC , Ukrain.